Winning could be another game of luck

Written by Timawa on 5:27 PM


Just when I got up this morning, I head straight into my PC to pour down my thoughts. I managed to set up this routine as my practice in joining writing contests, to prepare for the upcoming competitive exam and to hone my skill as well. But guess what, I'm checking my mail and reading at the same time. On the other side of my window is a message from one of my favorite authors, Bo Sanchez, who talks about the story of an hare and a tortoise and the story's relation in being Christian.

Before giving out my insights and reflections, what I wanted to emphasize my fascinations in short stories for children. It makes me feel like I'm a kid again, and those complex lessons in life are boiled into simplicity just so kids will decipher the morales in the story.

Lately, I've been very impatient on winning. I'm not yet contented in my circle of supporters, which include some of the members of my family, my friends, co-writers and professors. They are a bunch, I know, but I wanted to prove my writing competence by winning national contests. It has been my long time dream that I've been wanting to reach. Several times, I've joined many contests but I still don't win... What could be the reason? Are there many others better than me? Well possibly. Am I not competent enough? Hope not.

They say persistence is the name of the game, but God knows how much I'm persisting...

I just pray in heavens that 'maybe,' it's not yet my time.

I believe contests is another game of luck, so more than considering I'm not competent enough, I believe it's not yet my time. (However, it's okay, but honestly, a little bit frustrating.) Who knows, failing many times is the gateway for others to succeed, and yes, it may not yet be my time... But I'll do my best, everything for God's glory.

I just hope my persistence will turn out to be fruitful, to be more productive, especially in helping others. I'll wait patiently, with lots of work. Maybe it's not yet my time. As what I've said in my piece in an essay writing contest, 'someday, after all the waiting in winters and many springs, I will finally be a fully bloomed rose. Maybe now is not yet my season to bloom, God wants me to grow slowly but maturely and not to grow and decay easily'

That's all. Nothing much to write about, just to release my itch in writing. :-) Good day everyone and have a nice day ahead!

Related Posts by Categories



Widget by Hoctro | Jack Book
  1. 0 comments: Responses to “ Winning could be another game of luck ”

Behind the Notes


Imprinted Graffiti is an online journal of Timawa (not her real name), a Filipino student journalist, who talks about her life struggles and experiences. Feel free to explore her world and enter into her realm of fancies. Good day everyone! God bless! :-)